How to stop receiving duplicate messages?
Hey there, Are you sick of receiving duplicate messages ? It starts by receiving a single duplicate text then its frequency increases. Is your smartphone sending double text messages? Sounds similar ha? If you are facing the same issue then don’t worry, I can help you.
We have loads of social media and messaging platforms to choose from. Still the text messaging never gets old. Even if gets old then old is gold. There is no need of internet connection to send text messages which is good in case of emergencies, or to send an instant reply.
Now coming to the problem ! This issue is common in smartphones and can be fixed easily with a minor fix. As no one wants to see the same text getting repeated. And when this happens, it gets really irritating for a person or human like me.
Solution is smartphone dependent, Whether it is iOS or Android.
1. For the android fix, You have to follow these steps :-Open settings app in your smartphone
2. Look for apps/installed apps or anything similar to it.
3. After opening the above section, Look for the messaging/message app.
4. If you are able to find it, Open it and clear cache. (It will not delete your text messages)
5. You can also clear data. (This will delete all of your text messages)
Then force stop the application.
6. Last step, restart your smartphone.
You may receive the duplicate message for one or two time then it will stop automatically. As this problem arises due to low network issue in either of the sender or receiver smartphone. So there’s no 100% perfect solution to it.
Now for the iOS, We have several fixes for repeated texts or notifications. Now coming to the solutions:-
- Try toggling iMessage off then on – For this, Open settings then select the message option from the menu. Turn off the iMessage by sliding. Keep it turned off for 5 minutes then again turn it on.
- Turn off the repeated alerts – Open settings, select the notification option. Click on messages, and set the repeated alerts to never.
Hope this information helps! Have a good day. Don’t forget to check this blog.